Follow me here:

Follow me!

Thursday 5 June 2014

Subscription boxes #2: Violet Box


So, my second subscription box landed on my door just recently. (Much to my excitement!) So here's the rundown for you.

I received another Australian beauty box called Violet Box. Violet Box is a bit more expensive than Bella Box, as it retails at $22.95 per month.  However, I used the code VIOLETBOX10 to get $10 off mine.

This subscription box comes with 6-7 samples, and I was much happier with the selection than I was with my last box. Violet Box has a different range of product suppliers to Bella Box, and this seems to suit me so far. Also, can I just point out the purple factor... Bonus points for that!




This month's box included:


  1. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. - Which is a multi-purpose oil for dry skin... Very apt for this weather!
  2. Eve's Ready To Wear Lipstick by Teeez.  - I am a lip product addict, so this was a welcome inclusion in this box! So far this lipstick seems really moisturising, but isn't as pigmented as I thought it would be... Perfect for a no-lipstick-lipstick day though. (And... This lipstick retails at $32, so with the price of the box, this is a steal!)
  3. Nuxe Creme Merveillance. - Supposedly meant to target visible expression lines, I will definitely be getting this one onto my frown lines!
  4. LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub. - I've used this product before, and it's good if you, (like me) wear lipstick a lot, and your lips end up in bad shape. 
  5. Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil. - This product excited me greatly. I've been contemplating getting a highlighter for a while now, and now I can try one out!
  6. StyleSign Sleek Perfection. - I don't often use heat tools on my hair, but I think I might have to start so I can try this heat protectant spray.
  7. Timeless Truth Miracle Rejuvenation Mask. - Face masks aren't kind to my sensitive skin, but my mum is excited to give this one a go.


Overall, I'm pretty happy with this one! Not sure if I'm willing to fork out the $22.95 a month though.  What do you guys think?


Beth. x

4 comments:

  1. I really want a subscription box, though your right it looks quite pricey for what you get.
    I'd be so happy with the hair rejuvenate though, hair masks are great!
    dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a shame that subboxes arent that popular in the UK.
    Majotron.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have a subscription box but I can't afford it each month :( haha. I've heard Birchbox is quite good, maybe give that one a go?

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've only gone with the one-off option, because I am in no position to get them each month either. :( I hadn't thought of Birchbox. That might be the next one I look into. :)

      Delete