Follow me here:

Follow me!

Thursday 12 June 2014

An alternative to candles?

I love nice smelling stuff as much as the next person, but is it just me, or do you need to have a candle burning in every room of your house just to get the scent throughout?  No matter how cheap or expensive the candles are, I just can't get the scent to travel... Until now.


Wax or oil burners are ceramic models that have a dish-like shape on the top, and are hollow. Basically, you light a tea light and put it in the hollow part, and put a scented 'melt' in the hollow dish to melt down and release fragrance.



The melts (I use this brand), can be burned over and over again (or until you get sick of the scent).  So there's no need to constantly buy large candles, (only tealights - which are much cheaper - are required). Also the scent pay off of the soy melts is amazing,  and depending on the fragrance you choose, your whole house can end up smelling lovely. Soy wax is an economical way to go because it is a renewable source, unlike in traditional candles.



Personally, I got my lovely owl burner and Elume soy wax melts from Wen and Ware.  But if you're
not in Ballarat or Malvern, Dusk has a good range of burners and melts, and so does Elume.


With scents like cinnamon (my favourite!), cranberry, chai tea, beach crush and lemon myrtle, the choices are endless. 

What do you think?  Will you trade in your candles for a wax burner?

Beth. x



3 comments:

  1. That looks really pretty.
    I've never seen anything like it before.
    I want
    xx
    | | Dreams Of New York| |

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love burners, I think they are a great alternative to candles, I bought my mum one last Christmas. Your owl one is so adorable!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Looks interesting too.. A mutant candle! **sorry, just watched the new Xmen movie** :)

    Jen
    https://thecasualwanderer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete