Follow me here:

Follow me!

Thursday 26 February 2015

Is there such a thing as being too busy?


I am the type of person who can't say no. You want me to work extra shifts? Done. You want me to catch up for tea and a movie? Sure thing. You want me to do extra work for uni? Love to.

It gets overwhelming at times. I get stressed. I cry. I swear I'll try an cull back the things that I do, but it never happens. Why? Because I can't not be busy, and I like to prove people wrong.

Currently I work three jobs, as well as attending uni full time (which also requires an hour and a half commute), as well as trying to maintain a relationship, catch up with friends, keep my family happy, get some exercise, and study enough so I can pass the medical entrance exam so I can get into medical school. This seems like a lot, and it is, but if I only had half of these things to do, I would most likely be twiddling my thumbs at home... That, or finding another big commitment to take on.

Business helps me keep productive in life, because when you're on short deadlines you don't have time to slack off! It also helps me appreciate the downtime I get so much more. When I have a day off work/uni, I celebrate, sleep in until lunchtime, and wear my pyjamas all day. It's small things like this, that make the work all the more worthwhile.  The results of the work are also rewards in themselves. That HD I got? I'm over the moon. The extra $50 in my bank account? Means I can have a treat. 

And even though the process of gaining these rewards is stressful, and there are a lot of blood sweat and tears shed (lots of tears... Ask my family!), I wouldn't have it any other way, because these hurdles that I'm overcoming now, will help me down the track.

As with everyone, it's not just getting to your goal that matters, it's the way there that counts. We can't all earn millions, have our dream jobs, and know everything right at the start... (Even though at times I wish it was that simple!)

Are you the type of person who likes to keep busy? Or tends to take too many things on?

Beth. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment